Portal of the Folded Wings Shrine to Aviation


A year ago I posted my first 360 panoramic image to my blog featuring the interior to the Portal of the Folded Wings Shrine to Aviation which is very similar to the image posted above. Some improvements between the one from this year and last year:
Portal of the Folded Wings (exterior)
"Little Planet" projection
  • Use of a nadir shot (to hide the tripod) using a fantastic tutorial by Florian Knorn.
  • Use of PhotoShop to post-process the image.
  • Use of KRPano projection instead of QuickTime.  I really like this method because it's viewable on a mobile device such as an iPhone.  
  • Position of camera within the shrine (more centered within the space).

On this particular image, the use of PhotoShop is probably the most dramatic improvement overall because previously throughout 2011 all of my panoramic images were edited using Aperture.  Since I began using PhotoShop I've quickly come to realize what an injustice using solely Aperture was to all my in-camera work and preparation.

Moving forward for 2012, I'll be developing my skills with PhotoShop to obtain better quality shots.  I hope you will join me in my travels and adventures.





Comments