Yesterday Was Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's



Yesterday was Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's so I took my mother down to their local scoop shop at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. There I discovered from store manager Tricia that it's more than just a show of customer appreciation, it's a movement to make poverty history.

Not to be out done, today is 31 Cent Scoop Night at Baskin Robbins. Participating stores will reduce prices of small ice cream scoops to 31 cents to help honor America’s firefighters. At some locations, you may also have an opportunity to make a donation to your local fire charities. FWIW, when I was a teenager, my first job was scooping ice cream at the B&R in Sherman Oaks on Ventura Blvd.

Comments

beastandbean said…
Damn...I missed the Ben and Jerry's day, but you can bet your ice cream scoop Christine and I hit the Baskin Robbins 31 Cent Scoop Night!

We went with my brother and sister-in-law to the B&R near their house in Glendale and even though the line was down the block, we had a blast!

Also just found out that today (May 13th) is free Vanilla Honey Bee flavored scoop night at Haagen-Dazs...yee-haw! Free ice cream must be in the air, baby!