YouTube's Video Your Vote



This playlist features 27 videos I produced from October to November of this year as part of YouTube and PBS's project "Video Your Vote". With my little Flip camera in hand I went all around my city and talked to friends and strangers about what they voted for. It's worth noting the question was "What do you vote for?" as I feel that voting is a private act. It was interesting to me that many people chose to respond with the presidential candidate they were voting for.

On another note: KFWB (my local AM news radio station owned by CBS Radio, a subsidiary of CBS Corporation) ripped a sound bite from one of these interviews the day following the election. They failed to give me credit as a source. I attempted to contact the newsroom for several days and each time I was connected to a person they said they would look into it and get back to me.

But they never did.

I think this is sloppy reporting. Today with my blog and the tools I use for podcasting even I know the importance of acknowledging where I got the information I'm relaying or commenting on. Any corporate mainstream press outlet worth their salt ought to be doing the same. Not only that, except where indicated by a Creative Commons license, I retain the copyright to most of my digital media. Kindly obtain permission from me if you are interested in using my work because even under the CC license I disallow commercial use or the creation of derivative works.

Comments