I'm the Featured Photographer Today on Flickr!



Today on the Flickr blog have the honor of being the featured photographer where I discuss street art, the Los Angeles mural scene and of course, 360° photography from how I got started to my camera set-up.

In my interview with Arnold Chao, the Senior Editor at Flickr, I mentioned that I got hooked on photographing street art in the 80's as I was passing through Checkpoint Charlie on a visit to East Berlin when I was backpacking my way through Europe with a little Kodak Instamatic.  Today's panorama (above) is a reboot inspired by the photos I took during that time.

This pano features an installation by the Wende Museum that was erected in 2009 to commemorate of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall outside of Germany. Located on the front lawn of 5900 Wilshire Boulevard the "Wall Along Wilshire" features ten original segments of the wall to form the longest stretch of the Berlin Wall in the United States.

Two historical speeches given from the Berlin Wall are embedded in this panorama. The first speech was made two years after the wall was built, and the second two years before the wall came down. These speeches are from John F. Kennedy in 1963 and Ronald W. Reagan in 1987.

Audio Sources:

Follow me on Flickr!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Tumblr!


Berlin Wall


Comments

nickhobgood said…
Congratulations, Tanja. You do great work both in flat and spherical forms. Keep on keeping on ! Nick